When you arrive at Rockwood Veterinary Clinic one of our friendly receptionists will check you in.
- Once you have checked in, we will weigh your pet and one of our team members or doctors will see you into the exam room.
- The Doctor will then meet you, gather basic information about your pet’s health, examine your pet, talk about any questions or concerns you may have and plan further diagnostics or treatment as needed.
- Any recommended diagnostics tests (i.e. blood work) and treatments are usually performed in the exam room, or one of our treatment rooms.Many clients are pleasantly surprised to find out that bloodwork, x-rays, ultra sounds etc are services that we can offer you right on the spot at Rockwood Veterinary Clinic. Unlike “human” health care where you may need to book separate appointments at separate facilities for diagnostic tests, we can offer it all under one roof. Your may have your diagnosis and even prescriptions for treatment all in one visit. If your pet is unwell, schedule yourself a little extra time for the appointment so that we can run any necessary tests, and provide the appropriate treatment all in one visit
- When the veterinary consultation is complete, you’ll go back to our front reception area where your billing and future appointment bookings will be handled.
- Depending on the reason for your visit, you may expect a follow-up call from one of our veterinary technicians to get an update on how your pet has been doing since their visit. If you have any concerns, talk to the technician about them.
We hope you enjoy your visit and the service we provide. If you have any further questions or concerns please do not hesitate to ask.
Please bear in mind that when we schedule your appointment we can’t plan for emergency procedures that may arise. There is often a lot going on “behind the scenes”. We will always do our best to respect your time. If you have time constraints plan for first thing in the morning or afternoon appointments or notify us (other clients with less time restrains are very understanding) so that we can help you get on the go. Preferably schedule a time when you can relax, have a coffee, and meet new friends if the necessity arises. If it were your pet that needed emergency treatment we know you would appreciate us placing their needs as our first priority.
We also appreciate that switching doctors can sometimes be frustrating… please rest assured that we share our cases in detail and often times, “two heads are better than one”. All our doctors work well together sharing and consulting on cases. If you have a preference for which doctor you would like to see, you can express this when booking your appointment. Busy family schedules for our vets may mean you will occasionally meet a different doctor. It is great to meet the whole team so that you are comfortable with all the vets in case of an emergency.
In the case of emergencies we occasionally need to move your appointment, we thank you for your patience and understanding if this happens. If your pet needed emergency care you would be first in line!